Thursday, August 25, 2011

you're beautiful JUST the way you're!!

Bismillah,

Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,

I haven't posted a lot these past days.....got busy with work and getting ready for back to school. Oh it is so sad that Ramadan is coming to an end. I was looking at the moon last night as my brother and I drove back from Tahajud and I could see it been so tiny, like the size of a banana. It will soon end and though there is Eid and a great festival, I am saddened to see it going like this. I feel like time just flew by so quickly!! anyway, this is not a post about me. This is a post from a sister to her fellow sisters :) listen up girls!! :D

In this day and age, there is a great deal of confusion among us sisters in Islam and in humanity. We think that beauty is all about physical apppearience . We try our out most best trying to fit in the standards of our society. We try to be the perfect size, have the perfect make up, look like the perfect super model....etc. So, we go ahead and spend dollars on makeup...to beautify ourselves and make ourselves more appealing to others especially to the opposite sex. We come to depend on how others see us and sometimes it leads us to exposing more of our bodies than we normally show.....trying to just fit in and be like everyone else.

The reality is, most of  us spend nights crying over what someone said about our looks, trying to hide our imperfection behind the makeup we put on. So we forget that we have something more beautiful and pure than our own appearience, something that makes us unique and different, something that we don't do or say because it is part of the status qua---that something is our own unique personality!!
Our manners, our clean heart, our healthy talk, and our caring self is more beautiful than the make up we wear. Let everyone see us for who we're, what we strongly believe, our amazing intelligence and believe me the world will come smiling at our presence.

None of us have to look like Jessica Alba or Beyonce because the truth is no matter how much we try we will not be like them-so why not embrace our beautiful selves and shine. I swear to God, trying to look beautiful with makeup, latest clothes with amazing brand names will only make us broke! And that aint beautiful. Unless and until we see ourselves worthy and perfect as we've been created, we will never be satisfied. Actually we'll never be happy. Because we're constantly conscious about our looks and that takes the enjoyment out of our daily experiences.

...believe me when I say I know it all. I used to wake up an hour before school just beautifying myself, making sure there aren't any flaws with my 'perfect makeup'. When I arrived school, I'd run to the restroom and check how I still look, if my mascara is still in place and so on and so forth. I wanted others to like me because I am dressed right, 'made-up' right, and I talk right. I wanted to fit in and be like everyone else. However, by my junior year of high school I came to realize that maybe I am not supposed to be like everyone else. Maybe I am supposed to be me. So, the first day of my junior year after summer ended, I walked in school with no make up, wearing my Abayah and hijab properly. Like usual I went to the restroom and stood by the mirror----I felt the urge to go back home and put on my make up because in my head I looked awful!! But I told myself that if people and my 'friends' really liked me for who I was, then they will not mind me dressed up like the way I was. Everyone asked if I was sick that day and when I said no...they replied "well, what wrong" and I ended up saying, I just stopped putting on make up!

I have lost some friends and I have realized that there is more to me than my appearance. Even though, I ended up not fitting in and spent prom night at home I was happy. I was content and felt amazing about myself. I was not confirming to the "norms" I was being myself and the few people who accepted me for that proved to be my only true friends. I am not saying the road is easy nor am I saying you will fit right in......but all I am saying is it aint worth it if you can't be happy with your self.
These are some beauty tips for my sisters out there----you will be BEAUTIFUL inside and out if you only follow this and your company of friends will be those who compete with you in doing righteous good deed!! AKA your Jannah mates. Lets now start applying this 'perfect' make up shall we??
Dear reader, on this 26th day of Ramadan I ask Allah ta'ala to bless you, guide you, protect you, be pleased with you and grant you Jannah! If there is good in anything I said, indeed it is from Allah ta'ala and if I said anything wrong indeed it is from my weak soul and the misguidance of Shaytan the accursed.
Dear sisters, if you are reading this.....know that you're a pearl of Islam. It is your beauty the shines through this world as you walk upon it with your Hijab on...making a statement, a declaration of faith with your head held up high. There is no happiness in the disobedience of God but there is great happiness in His obedience. Remember YOU'ARE BEAUTIFUL JUST THE WAY YOU'RE!!! a perfect creation of Rab al-alameen <3

Shout out to all my beautiful sisterssssssss!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment