Saturday, July 30, 2011

Where is my Ummah??

Assalamu alaikum...peace be upon you!

Bismillah
So I haven't been blogging much lately....just got busy with work. However, I am now here and ready to roll.
There is so much going on around the globe lately....one thing that really makes me sad and a bit hopeless is the drought and famine in east of Africa...AKA Somalia. Its my home town, where my parents were born and raised. It brings sadness to my heart to know that there are over a million young souls dying of hunger, that a mother would watch her baby die and feel so helpless because she cant save him, and that so many have lost lives without getting the proper help.

In addition to an on going civil war, they now have to deal with drought! Watching the videos of the victims, looking into the eyes that scream pain and suffering.....all I can do is a sincere dua. I cannot imagine what they are going through, the agony of knowing that there is nothing to eat, no clean water, and no safe haven must be hard to bear. It is at these times that I wonder where the Ummah is.....where is the human spirit, where is the brotherhood?

I know and acknowledge that there are people out there doing their best to help those in need and I applaud their efforts! However, I feel that we need to do more to save lives....we need to work together to let THEM survive. Charity is a common good deed among all faiths and I have faith in all who know and understand what it is to suffer.

Look at this video and just feel....feel what they are going through.
"The Most significant charity given in the eyes of Allah is that given by a person who is already facing financial hardship" (Abu dawood)


Want to donate?? Click herehttp://www.araha.org/
or here: http://www.islamic-relief.com/
Do what you can to save a life....act now!

No comments:

Post a Comment