Saturday, March 24, 2012

MillionHoojab!

Assalaamu Alaykum, peace be upon you...and hello there:)

I hope this reaches you in the best of health/imaan.

There is so much hate crime going on these days. At first I was mad about the Trayvon Martin incident and its injustice and now.....Sister Shaima Al awadi! If you are not aware of their stories...I will give brief summaries and for more information please do google about them.

Trayvon Martin: 17 year old black boy walking to a store with a hoodie on holding skittles in his hand. Was shot and killed in cold blooded murder because "he looked like he was up to no good." His killer is still not arrested nor charged for the crime!!

Shaima Al Awadi: 32 years old mother of 5. Was found dead in her room, severely beaten with a note next to her body. The note read: "go back to your country, you terrorist."
Her case still under investigation.
"The land of the free" does not seem so "free" now does it? I mean if dressing up a certain way can cost your entire life what kind of freedom do YOU have?? Trayvon was a black boy wearing a hoodie, thus he looked like a thug who was up to "no good" and Shaima was an Arab woman wearing a Hijab thus looking like a "terrorist." Their lives ended because they were "different" and therefore posed a threat. I ask  "who is the terrorist now?" The one who simply dressed up in a certain way or the one who had the guts to kill and slaughter them cold blooded?

Hate does not have color or creed.....its a decease that cannot be cured except with knowledge. I am so fed up with ignorant people and their narrow minds! I guess Americans are only "certain VIP" people and anyone who is different is therefore not American! Justice is needed and if our constitution is to be fully followed these two victims will have their justice.

I am so angry right now and yes I am willing to participate in any "millionMarchHoojabs" events. We have to speak up for justice and let the whole world know that WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED!

 RIP: Trayvon and Shaima!
I am black......I am Hijabi....I am an American.
----I am Trayvon Martin, I am Shaima Al awadi.....I am an American!

Hoojab= a Hijab with a hoodie ;)

2 comments:

  1. Assalamualikum Sis,

    Is it that bad for Muslims in America? I know once, our ex Prime Minister used to travel there and was humiliated by asking him to remove his shoes for inspection....Alhamdulillah here in Malaysia, even though there are people trying to muddle up the Islamic sanctity here we are still peaceful...May Allah maintained this peaceful harmony....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is NOT* American or it is people.....typo:/

    ReplyDelete